News Flash – Thailand’s Sondhi Wants Assets Back From Singapore
Posted by inspir3d on February 16, 2007
I think that this is a major story that all Singaporeans should know about, and that deserves its own post. (InSpir3d)
Thailand’s Sondhi Wants Assets Back From Singapore
Feb. 16 (Bloomberg) — Thailand’s Army chief said he wants to take back about 140 billion baht ($3.9 billion) of assets from Singapore, escalating a diplomatic spat between the Southeast Asian nations.
“Singapore is a very small country, but it is so rich that it can buy 140 billion baht of our national assets,” said Sondhi Boonyarataklin, who led a September coup that toppled the government of Thaksin Shinawatra. “I am thinking about whether we can take those assets back. I want our national assets back, especially the satellites.” full story >>
- Thai junta leader vows to take back satellites from Singapore (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Thai coup leader wants to buy back telecom company sold to Singapore (IHT)
- Thai coup chief wants phone firm back from S’pore (Reuters India)
- Junta leader vows to take back national assets from Singapore – The Nation
- Sonthi wants Shin Corp back – Bangkok Post
- Thailand demands telecom back from Singapore – Radio Australia
16 Responses to “News Flash – Thailand’s Sondhi Wants Assets Back From Singapore”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.